The PTSA has added the opportunity for Grant Requests and has funded a line item in their yearly budget. Grants could be used to purchase equipment, supplies or other tangible goods (we cannot fund stipends or hourly pay for staff).
Funding priority is based on the following criteria:
- Projects or tools that have a lasting impact on teaching and learning.
- Projects or tools that benefit the greatest number of Madison students.
- Projects or tools that solve a problem or meet a need not currently met, and receives little or no funding from Seattle Public Schools (SPS) or other sources.
Who Can Apply? Teachers, students, school employees (including support staff), school volunteers
How to Apply
Please use this grant proposal form: PTSA Grant Form-2018-19
- Teachers and administrators: Complete this form in as much detail as possible. Signatures are required from both the Department Head and Dr. Gary. If a department is submitting more than one request, the department should prioritize their requests prior to submitting to the PTSA for consideration. Please submit one copy to the PTSA and one copy to Ms. Penner, Fiscal Specialist.**To comply with District Policy, all proposed purchases have to be run through the school**
- Students and volunteers: Complete the application and place it in the PTSA mailbox or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to Apply and Timeline
The PTSA Board will gather a Grant Committee. There will be two reviews (Fall and Spring). The amount allotted in each semester will be determined by the board in advance of review and may be determined by fundraising goals or other expenditures.
Fall Timeline (2018)
19th –22nd Deadline for Grant Proposals (1st Semester)
November 7th– Board review of Grant Committees Recommendations
November 9th – Notification to applicants of grant status
Spring Timeline (2019)
February 18th– Deadline for Grant Proposals (2nd Semester)
March 6th – Board review of Grant Committees Recommendations
March 8th – Notification to applicants of grant status
Your proposal will be reviewed by the PTSA Grant Committee, which will then submit their recommendations to the PTSA Board for funding approval. You will be contacted and advised of the outcome. You may resubmit the proposal during the next grant review, if the Grant Committee allows.
** Funds granted must be spent within 60 days of receipt unless the PTSA has provided approval of the delay. Funds not spent will be returned to the PTSA budget and reallocated.**
If you have questions about the process or have issues downloading/viewing the form, please email Fiona Preedy at email@example.com. If you have questions about funding once your grant has been approved please contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org