- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITYThe Madison PTSA Racial Equity Team needs your help TOMORROW, Monday, Jan. 30th from 4:30-6pm in the school library! We’ve collected 55 shoe boxes and … Continue reading
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITYIf you have time to help with our Krispy Kreme fundraiser we could use your help!
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITYSeattle Public Schools is seeking members for the Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council (PAC). The PAC reviews the district’s annual family engagement plan and advises the superintendent … Continue reading
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITYGIRLS COACHES NEEDED – Parents, friends and family – we’re looking for volunteer assistant/JV coaches to help with our girls basketball teams this season. Contact Coach … Continue reading
- GIRLS BASKETBALLGIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS – Tryouts for girls basketball will be held after school on Tuesday, December 6th and Thursday, December 8th.
MADISON VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Please visit Madison Middle School Volunteer for information about volunteering in the school for 2022/2023. Interested parents can email Madison’s Volunteer Coordinator, Lora Bunch, with any questions.
PTSA VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
1. Become a Madison PTSA Board member!
PTSA officers are elected in September for the following school year. Interested parents and guardians should review the various roles and responsibilities then email the Nominating Committee to volunteer.
WE are seeking volunteers for the following Board Positions:
- Oversee all communications activities for Madison PTSA leveraging coordinators for some or all of the different initiatives.
- Renew/manage PTSA website accounts, email newsletter tool and board email, along with PTSA domains on a yearly basis.
- Email Newsletter (Bulldog Bulletin) Editor:
- Prepare and distribute the weekly email newsletter Madison PTSA Bulldog Bulletin.
- Include information from Madison morning bulletins, staff, counselors, administration, PTSA, parents and other community contributors.
- Manage opt-ins for the Bulldog Bulletin using the designated email communication tool.
- Collaborate with the webmaster to share information and drive traffic to the PTSA website.
- Oversee the management of OR manage the PTSA website.
- Update and add new content in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the BB Editor(s) to share information and drive traffic to the website.
- Find a helper OR Manage Email: Maintain PTSA email accounts on GoDaddy.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more our sign up to volunteer!
2. Join a committee!
- Budget Committee: Conduct twice-yearly financial reviews of the PTSA finances. Participate in the development of the budget for the next year.
- Communications Committee: Promote PTSA activities and events through our website, weekly newsletter, e-mail distribution, and social media.
- Fundraising Committee: Fundraising is integral to the PTSA and how we are able to support programs, events, curriculum needs, and more. Help plan fun activities for the community that benefit Madison.
- Music Boosters: Support the Music Program at Madison Middle School.
- Nominating Committee: This committee forms in the Spring start recruiting for the next school year’s PTSA Board. Work with other parents to identify great leaders.
- Racial Equity Team: Connect with other parents, share resources, discuss ideas, and work to increase our community awareness of all populations and experiences at Madison Middle School. We would particularly welcome those who do not currently feel their voice is represented or is being heard.